Thứ Bảy, 7 tháng 4, 2012

Um, Can We Talk About "The Skype Table" from Happy Endings?! In a Word: A-MAAAAAH-ZING!



Sorry! I know I'm a day behind on my sitcoms, but we still HAVE to discuss this!

"The Skype table" at Derek and Eric's wedding is everything that's wrong with "the singles table"—times a quadrillion. Rather than explain it (and ruin the joke) here's a photo of my television:

Yeah, yeah, I know once in a blue moon a couple will meet at "the singles table" and live happily ever after. But let's face it, more often than not, sitting at the singles table sucks. (I'm saying this as someone whose sat at the singles table for, say, 15 or 20 weddings.) I suppose some people like to make small talk, but I never enjoyed chatting up the random co-worker or the groom's second cousin twice removed. And yes, of COURSE I was always happy to be celebrating the marriage of people I care about. I just would have preferred to celebrate (and share the salad and dinner courses) with my coupled-up friends!

Are you nutso about Happy Endings, too? Did you just DIE over "the Skype table"? And regardless of your television preferences, does anyone enjoy sitting at "the singles table"?

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét