Thứ Bảy, 7 tháng 4, 2012

I DO or I DON'T: Is It Ever OK to Propose on Facebook? (Read This Couple's Story Before You Answer)


We've seen proposals via custom-made Muppets. We've seen proposals via fake iPhone commercials. We've even seen a proposal for our own Tracey via this very site (she's off on her honeymoon as we speak!). A Facebook proposal was inevitable, right?

David Balcius, of Massachusetts, always wanted to do something a little different when it came to proposing to his girlfriend, Jennifer Carreiro. Says Jennifer: "David always said, 'When I propose, I want it to be something different, to show the world how much you mean to me.'"

David and Jennifer both check Facebook every day (though Jennifer says they're not "overposters"--you know the type), so one day--after David had spoken with Jennifer's parents and gotten the go-ahead to pop the question--David asked Jennifer casually if she'd checked Facebook lately. When she pulled out her smartphone and took a look at her wall, she was shocked to see a photo of a ring next to the words "Will you marry me?" It was then that David brought out the real ring.

The couple says that tons of comments and "likes" started pouring in immediately--and that the response has been overwhelmingly positive. According to one of the commenters on the post: "I thought that was spectacular. It gave me butterflies, because it was so romantic. Jenn deserves someone who loves her so much that he wants the world to know."

So what do you think--is a Facebook proposal a good idea? You know, I have to say... it was clearly very special for Jennifer that David propose the way he did. And, since they're both so happy with the way it worked out, it makes it OK in my book.

Facebook proposals: yes, no, maybe? What would you do if you saw one of your friends propose on FB?

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét